Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend celebration

On Saturday we went out for supper to celebrate having all of our adoption paperwork finished & sent off (again).  We've been waiting 2.5 years to adopt again but had to redo everything when we moved provinces (and had to also change which country we'll be adopting from).  Celebrating different preparation steps & milestones is important in the adoption process - especially since everything is now officially out of our hands!



Sunday morning was cool - instead of having a battle over whether he can play Wii in the morning (way too early I might add), 'Mario' wanted to read with me.  I was happy to oblige despite the hour - and I'm really impressed on how well he reads for his age.  It's fun to connect with him over something we both enjoy.  And yes, sometimes we let him wear the same shirt to bed that he wore the day before.....

Being on crutches for the past 9.5 weeks has caused me to interact differently with my family.  I'm now the one observing more than the one in the middle of the action.  Thankfully my youngest daughter still thinks I'm a jungle gym, so she's constantly climbing all over me...  On the bright side, I think it's created a lot more opportunities for 'calmer' physical touch (reading more & sitting to visit) and cuddling with my kids since I can't chase them around, go tobogganing, or wrestle so well.

Here's a picture of me watching the 5 crazies that share life with me - they were playing tag throughout the house last night.  They gave me the smile & laugh I needed.  Waiting for knee surgery & barely being able to walk still frustrates me and the pain doesn't help either.  So laughter is always welcome!

 

No comments: