Saturday, February 23, 2013

I Hide Food

We try to share everything as a family & it's a tough principle to teach growing kids.
Especially when I'm not practicing it all the time.

I hide snacks from my kids - and I don't like sharing!

There are times when I want to enjoy the odd treat without having to share.  Honestly I love them, but I'm selfish and get sick of being the only one to not get something.  When there's six of us in the house, some things don't last long.  So I hide different food once in a while so I can have some to myself.  It's to the point where I can't even have a single ketchup chip without my youngest daughter catching me.... "I smell something yummy daddy! You had a chip!!!"

One chip.

How do women do that?

And why in the world did I only have one chip?  MAKE IT COUNT MAN!!!  If there's a chance of being busted, I should be going in by the fistful.
Lesson learnt.

I've also tried to buy cereal & hide it.... only to enter the kitchen the next morning to find out that it has been devoured & I hadn't had any yet.

FUN FACT: the idea of bomb-sniffing dogs came from a dad like me who watched their kids find everything in the house the dad tried to hide.  The father thought this would be an amazing way to find things other than salty treats, so he brainstormed & finally came up with the possibility of saving people's lives.  What if a bomb could be sniffed out like the kids found candy?  There obviously couldn't be bomb-sniffing kids, so they picked dogs instead.  True story.   (not at all....)

My grade as a Dad on this one: D minus (again).
As a positive, I'm at least learning better hiding spots to use for gifts in the future....


No comments: